Saturday, July 5, 2014

Color Block Blouse with Embroidered Pocket


For the past couple of months I have been thinking a lot about embroidering things. When I was about 10 years old, my mother got me started on embroidery. On road trips and summer afternoons, I would add tiny little stitches to my "horse and flowers" embroidery pattern. To this day, I still haven't finished it. :) While I was back home in Texas last month, I decided that I had to embroider something. So I found THIS pattern on Pinterest and got to work. Obviously it isn't the best, as I just made it up as I went, but I am so in love with it. 


After I finished, I wasn't really sure what to do with it. Then the idea came. A pocket! I had already been sewing cute pockets onto men's shirts that I had thrifted, so I thought this would be the perfect way to showcase my little flowers. 


 The blue fabric is from a fabric store in NYC. Sorry, I can't remember which one... I am sad I only bought one yard because I want to make a million things with it, but at the same time, I am glad I only got enough for half a shirt, because of the whole color block thing I ended up doing. The yellow fabric is a linen that I got on sale from Joanns. 

Model: my beautiful roommate Morgan Armstrong

Carli